[PLUG] large email list 100K - 1 million

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Mon Sep 25 20:19:11 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I was recently asked to give an opinion about what email list would
handle large mailings.  They were purposing 100K to 1 Million people on
the list.  It would be an announcement list.  I have used Mailman with
great results but only into the small thousands.  I've searched around
but have yet to find anything that compares different mailing list like
Mailman/PHPList/Majordomo or any other mailing list.

So,  is there anyone on the list who could point me towards a comparison
or give their opinions on which one would be a good mailing list to
handle this capacity?

Thanks,

Josh