Not Resolved: [PLUG] Newly assembled machine overheating

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 05:54:15 UTC 2006

Galen Seitz wrote:

>I really doubt that your cpu is overheating.  If I were you, I'd consider
>disabling the alarm and monitoring the cpu temperature via the typical
>linux mechanisms.  Another thing you might consider is upgrading the
>BIOS to the latest version.  Perhaps this issue has been fixed by a
>later release.

I agree. I don't think I have an overheating problem. I've just finished
running the SuSE 10.1 network installation. It took a little over an
hour and a half. I have a different problem, but the machine is still
powered up and there has been no alarm. I'll start a separate thread for
the new problem.

Thanks for all your ideas and recommendations.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens