[PLUG] Ancient PLUG Mailing List (< mid-March 2002)

Daniel Hedlund daniel at digitree.org
Wed Sep 27 04:02:06 UTC 2006

Russell Senior wrote:
> I have a collection of old PLUG mail traffic gathered from various
> historical sources.  I have had various starts/stops trying to sort it
> all out and "cleanse" it of non-PLUG mail and delivery headers that
> don't really belong in an archive.  The stops have outnumbered the
> starts, and the truth value of the "finished" condition is sub-unity.

Nothing a perl script couldn't clean up for you, breaking the mailbox
files down into individual emails and then grepping/regexping for the
mailing list address in the email to sort out the non-list traffic.

Besides the non-PLUG emails, how complete would the email collection you
have be?  I guess even that doesn't matter because each email would have
at least some unique identifier that we could use to weed out duplicates
from multiple peoples' collections as they were merged.  This is unless
someone has pristine complete mailbox files laying around.

Cheers,

Daniel Hedlund
daniel at digitree.org