[PLUG] Ancient PLUG Mailing List (< mid-March 2002)

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Sep 27 16:04:38 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Hedlund <daniel at digitree.org> writes:

Russell> I have a collection of old PLUG mail traffic gathered from
Russell> various historical sources.  I have had various starts/stops
Russell> trying to sort it all out and "cleanse" it of non-PLUG mail
Russell> and delivery headers that don't really belong in an archive.
Russell> The stops have outnumbered the starts, and the truth value of
Russell> the "finished" condition is sub-unity.

Daniel> Nothing a perl script couldn't clean up for you, breaking the
Daniel> mailbox files down into individual emails and then
Daniel> grepping/regexping for the mailing list address in the email
Daniel> to sort out the non-list traffic.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  Etc, etc.

Not all mboxes are created equal.  Appropriate behaviour with regard
to splitting varies.  Mailing list software has varied over the
years.  In short, much craziness is present.

Daniel> Besides the non-PLUG emails, how complete would the email
Daniel> collection you have be?

The degree of completeness varies as you go backwards in time.  I have
the old skylab archive that goes back to July 98 fairly completely.
And pretty much everything since (with some small holes, probably).  I
have less completeness prior to July 98.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net