[PLUG] Ubuntu and comcast

tkubaska at charter.net tkubaska at charter.net
Thu Sep 28 06:24:04 UTC 2006

About Ubuntu and ComCast. I recently got a Comcast connection and unfortunately the tech (without my knowledge because I wasn't watching closely enough) did put some sw on my Windows box. I have edited the registry and  issued a command "rundll32.exei edkcs32.dll,Clear" that got rid of the comcast logo in the corner of IE and removed the "presented by Comcast" message in IE's banner.

If anyone would like to share what you did to get rid of Comcast spyware, I would appreciate the information. I can detail what I did which is just that command above and one registry entry that I can't remember right now but can look up.

Thanks.
 -ted