Resolved: [PLUG] Newly assembled machine overheating

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Sep 30 02:53:15 UTC 2006

(Just for the sake of the archive and continuity of the threads, I'm
posting this same message in both.)

The problems have been solved by replacing the motherboard and
processor. (The replacement motherboard already had a processor installed.)

Upon completion of the hardware replacement I re-installed SuSE 10.1.
This time it ran to completion, and I have successfully set up myself as
a user and run all the updates. Tomorrow I'll install T-bird, move my
profile, and get back to using Linux.

Thanks to all for all the helpful suggestions.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens