[PLUG] Linux Clinic this Sunday

Jason Martin nsxfreddy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 00:32:06 UTC 2007

On 4/12/07, Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> wrote:
> Well, it's been an exciting few weeks since the last Linux Clinic.
>
> Debian 4.0 was released.
> Ubuntu 7.04 went Beta, and the Release Candidate should be out today.
> Fedora 7 Test3 is out.
>
> If you want help installing or configuring these new shiny! distros,
> bring a computer to the Linux Clinic.  We'll have CDs and DVDs handy.
>
> It's this Sunday, April 15, from 1PM to 5PM, at Free Geek.
> They're at 1731 SE 10th Ave, 2 blocks south of Hawthorne.
>
> There's bus info and links to maps at: http://www.freegeek.org/map.php
>
> Come on by, look for the signs, walk right in the South door, have some
> coffee and cookies if you like.
>
> NOTE: Free Geek will be closed that day.  We will have some spare parts
> on hand, but if you want to buy hardware to try Linux with, come by the
> store today, Friday or Saturday.
>
> Think globally and act neighborly,
>   Aaron

Since this thread is in danger of being hijacked by frivolous Perl,
and since I haven't been to a Clinic for a while (new house), I'll
mention I plan to be there with my new toy, running FC6 under
Parallels, so if anyone feels like informal chat about virtualization
stop on by.  I may also take the opportunity to install one or two
other distros under Parallels, leading to the inevitable configuration
of networking, resource distribution, file sharing, etc. under a
virtualized environment.

Jason