[PLUG] Broken root!

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 19 23:55:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:32:57 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:12:30 -0700
> "Rogan Creswick" <creswick at gmail.com> dijo:

Never mind. Booting to recovery mode worked. Since I was automatically
root in recovery mode I was able to delete a bunch of stuff, then
rebooted. Normal login again. All is well.

For some reason Feisty did not install gparted. I'm trying to install
it right now, but Synaptic is failing to fetch the files. Firefox goes
places, so network is up. Must be the Feisty repos are being hit too
hard. Which reminds me of something else -- while on
mirrors.cat.pdx.edu this morning I noticed that PSU is a mirror for the
Ubuntu repos. I wonder how Synaptic decides where to go to get things.