[PLUG] antenna for wrt54g

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Apr 20 17:55:30 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> writes:

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Barry <barryb at proaxis.com> writes:
Bill> I have a wrt54g wireless router in which I have installed
Bill> openwrt in client mode. So for instance in a motel room I can
Bill> put the wrt54g in a position that has a stronger signal and then
Bill> run a wire to my laptop sitting somewhere else in the
Bill> room. Right now it has the antennas it came with but often I am
Bill> still getting pretty weak signals so I am interested in getting
Bill> an antenna with a little better gain.  9dbi or better would be
Bill> nice. The requirements are that it be easy to transport, that it
Bill> have the correct RP-TNC connector, and it should be less than
Bill> $100.  Does anybody have any suggestions or experience with such
Bill> antennas?

Russell> Do you want an omni or a directional?  You've got lots of
Russell> options, none of them are likely to be perfect.

Here's another option:

  <http://sharper-concepts.com/c=ADNr0jKRPrWyCc3fZiPO8ZVri/product/YSC-RE11DS>

... has spatial diversity and 11 dBi all in one package.  I have no
experience with these.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net