[PLUG] LFNW presentations / new website

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:12:30 UTC 2007

On 4/23/07, Andy Grover <andy at bandradar.com> wrote:

> Secondly, we have just gone live with a new website,
> http://bandradar.com . It is of course running Linux (Ubuntu), and is
> using PostgreSQL 8.1 and the TurboGears python web framework. If anyone
> has spare cycles to check it out and poke it a bit, we'd love to hear
> about any comments or issues discovered.

I've been a TG fan for a long time, nice to see it getting used more and
more for real sites! The site looks good. Something I might find useful
even!

I've got a couple of comments on layout / interface:

1- Are you totally married to the color scheme? Generally it's ok, but the
red borders on the nav elements make me sad, though it looks good on the
banner. True to form, I don't have good suggestions for alternatives
though... Well, maybe add the beveled look that the banner has to nav boxes.
That might help.
2- Consider adding the ability to look at a category broken down
alphabetically. Something along the lines of having hte alphabet at the top
o the page, and when one click on "M" you see all the "M" items, that sort
of thing. I'm sure there's a real name for it... But in any case it would
help the mile-long scrollbar syndrome, which will only get worse as the site
matures.

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-