[PLUG] Two Strange Problems

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 25 18:38:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Bill Barry wrote:

> Did you check via the cups interface whether the printer was enabled?
> Sometimes it puts itself in the disabled state

Bill,

   Yes, first thing. /usr/sbin/printers shows all printers as idle and
waiting for jobs. Bits go down the pipe to the printer so that it displays
"Processing Job" for a couple of seconds before returning to Ready status.

   Printer self-test works. I can ping it from my server/workstation.

   Cannot successfully print from any host.

   Logs available via wget as a tarball:
            http://www.appl-ecosys.com/temp-files/printer-logs.tgz