[PLUG] Debian virgin preparing to take the plunge

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 03:11:58 UTC 2007

Hi All-
I've decided I want to take debian [etch] for a ride and see what it has to
offer but I need a little advice from some of the more sagely users of
debian. I see 3 DVD ISO's available for the i386 arch [I'm actually using a
AMD64 proc] but the arch doesn't matter much to me, i386 will still boot
just fine ... ps and less just won't be optimized to my hardware ;-) ..
anyways I'm sure I'll need DVD 1 but what about DVD's 2 and 3? I have
downloaded 1 and 2 already but I want to know if 3 is necessary or if I can
live without it? I didn't see a doc pointing out whats contained on each DVD
so pointers to where that documentation lives is definitely appreciated.

Thanks!

Drew-