[PLUG] Two Strange Problems -- FIXED

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:58:40 UTC 2007

On 4/26/07, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> >  These just showed up today and I've failed to fix them myself. All on
> > Slackware-11.0.
>
>    Interesting lesson here. Although a bug in espgs-8.15.3svn185 has been
> fixed in -8.15.4, and the latter is available in Slackware-current, it
> won't
> work in Slackware-11.0. There must be some dependency other than xaw3d
> that
> needs to be upgraded, too, and I did not do that.
>
>    Removing the newer version and re-installing the older version
> corrected
> both problems.
>
> Rich
>
> --
> Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
> Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
> <http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax:
> 503-667-8863

-current is undergoing a _really_ huge re-work and almost nothing is going
to be backwards compatible with 11.0 but Pat has said he is going to keep
11.0 up to date as much as possible for those who want to stick with a
2.4kernel which won't be offered in what is to become Slackware
12.0 per the changelog. You might check the /patches directory for 11.0 and
see if the update is hiding in there too if you haven't already checked :-)

Drew-