[PLUG] Bad Controller?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sun Apr 29 15:45:04 UTC 2007

Richard C. Steffens wrote:

> (I'm currently copying the contents to another drive.)

Apparently not. The directory structure was copied, but none of the
files. When I look at a directory with ls -l I get this:

Moonguide:/Classical # ls -l
/bin/ls: Beethoven: Input/output error
/bin/ls: Petroucha: Input/output error

I'm thinking that the drive has failed, but let me see just a bit of it
before it went. I opened another terminal window and navigated to where
it is mounted and get this:

rsteff at Moonguide:~> cd /media/NEC40GB/
rsteff at Moonguide:/media/NEC40GB> ls
rsteff at Moonguide:/media/NEC40GB> ls -l
total 0
rsteff at Moonguide:/media/NEC40GB>

I can still look at the structure of what used to be there with the
terminal window that I opened earlier, so I guess it must cache things
somewhere. fdisk -l no longer shows /dev/sda, which it did show 20
minutes ago.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens