[PLUG] Perl help - Net::DNS objects

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 04:20:43 UTC 2007

Hi List,
Let me start by saying I'm a perl newb  :-)

I'm trying to write a small DNS monitoring script using the Net::DNS perl
module. I'm running into trouble when I use Net::DNS::Resolver and define
nameservers($) .. I can loop through them and then using Net::DNS::Packet I
can send a query however it appears that its only sending the packet to the
first DNS server in my list and reporting the return object for both servers
which is not what I want. I've tried getting the objects to return as an
associative array but that isn't working either because its not possible or
I'm doing something wrong. I can post my script if that will help make more
sense of what I'm trying to accomplish. The docs for the module don't
specify either way if they methods can be used in an array context or not.

Drew-