[PLUG] Wireless Networking on ThinkPad 600E/Xubuntu-7.04

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 2 19:45:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, David Bridges wrote:

> I'm not a ubuntu person but I have seen these same types of issues on
> debian when Network-Manager was installed and was controlling (or trying
> to control) the interfaces.

   Well, we now know that the problem is the wireless drivers in this version
of ubuntu. Extensive testing with several different cards, deep diving into
what happens below the surface by an expert sysadmin isolates the problem
source. So, until the ubuntu folks get this fixed -- and it's an issue with
a number of cards -- we'll drop back to version 6.10.