[PLUG] Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 2 19:53:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Rogan Creswick wrote:

> Whoa! We're down to only Gnome and KDE now?

   Nah. Even Ubuntu has an Xubuntu flavor running Xfce-4.4.

> There are many, many fully functional, efficient and sexy desktop
> environments / window managers out there, but their popularity is
> declining because no one has made a *new distribution* that installs
> one of them by default.

   I suspect, Rogan, that their popularity has not declined, but the buzz has
died down. There are still quite a few availalble and many have very active
development communities.

   A lot of users are overwhelmed with the available choices in linux. They
really don't have any solid technical basis for choosing among them, so they
stick with what's familiar or easy.