[PLUG] Which VNC?

Mel Andres mel97215 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 7 20:19:57 UTC 2007

My small desk is crowded with keyboard/monitor for my home Linux system,
and the work wind-duhs laptop. I use tightvnc at work to connect to some
remote systems. It occurred to me that I could gain some space on my
consensus reality desktop, by moving the laptop elsewhere, and
connecting to it via vnc. Easy enough to set up the vnc server on the
winbox. But which vnc setup do I need to use on the Linux side to
connect? Both are connected to my Belkin router/gateway. I tried openvnc
without success.

Belkin     192.168.X.1
Linux       192.168.X.3
Laptop    192.168.X.4