[PLUG] Lightscribe sux

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Aug 8 02:09:02 UTC 2007

After much finagling I got my Lightscribe drives working in Feisty
amd64, in spite of the fact that the proprietary software is 32-bit
only. Then I burned a great Ubuntu disk image that I found online. And
the output of the beautiful full color image is black and white
(grayscale) only. After googling, that's the way Lighscribe is,
regardless of platform.

So Lighscribe sux. Save your money.

Meanlywhiles*, evidently some inkjunks can do color on CDs. Are there
any that work under Linux?

*OE and ME genitive as adverb form, coupled with ME -lice as ModE -ly
adverb suffix. Trust me, I know what I'm doing here. I'm a linguist.