[PLUG] Re: reply-to curiosity...

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Wed Aug 15 18:01:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 08:39:57AM -0700, Johnathan Bunn wrote:
> and its just as easy as if it wern't munged you would still have to do some
> copy paste, to reply to everyone,

No, I'd just have to press 'L' to activate the list-reply feature of
mutt. That's the point various people have been trying to make here:
the "fix" of Reply-To munging makes more work for everyone. There are
already standard e-mail features in place to deal with these
situations. The solution is to choose a decent mail client that
supports them.

> the other thing this mungeing does is
> makes it very easy for me to write a filter that keeps all the PLUG mail in

Again, any modern mail client should give you the ability to filter on
arbitrary headers.

--
Paul