[PLUG] Verizon FIOS, Linux, Uptime

Alex Daniloff plug at mailswamp.com
Wed Aug 15 22:31:53 UTC 2007

Hello,
I'm using Verizon FIOS since December 2006.
So far it's working flawlessly.

On Wednesday 15 August 2007 14:00, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
<snipped>

> Like Comcast, Verizon does not permit servers, but I connect to

Where did you get this idea???
I have five static IPs assigned to me by Verizon FIOS service.
I have my own mail servers running on those IPs.
All ports are available, nothing is blocked by Verizon.
Try asking for Verizon FIOS Freedom Package.

<snipped>

> So, what are your experiences with Verizon FIOS?  Restrictions?
> Performance?  Uptime?
>
> Keith

FIOS vs DSL is a lightning bolt vs a snail.
So far my FIOS was up 24x7 maintaining consistent performance without any
service interruptions.
BTW, I still have old copper POTS connected to my house but disconnected from
the Verizon circuits.

Alex