[PLUG] Crossover Linux slow...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Aug 17 19:23:09 UTC 2007

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller:
ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV200 QW [Radeon 7500]

Is there a better driver for this than the default that CentOS 5 uses?

I'm trying Warcraft II BNE on a P4 system via Crossover Linux.  It's way
too slow.  I said Windows 98 for the bottle, maybe that was a mistake...

Vmware player does better so far, as much as I hate being limited to a
small window in the center of the screen.

I should be 10 times faster than the system this software was written for.
I have 512 megs of ram.

Crossover Linux is a lot cheaper than vmware workstation if I can get it to
work better...

      Michael C. Robinson