[PLUG] Crossover Linux slow...

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 20:09:05 UTC 2007

On 8/18/07, someone <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> Full screen Warcraft II runs too slow even in
> VMware Workstation 6.0 which I don't have an evaluation license
> for anymore.  The player doesn't seem to allow full screen.  For
> a game that will work on a Pentium 90 to run too slow even under
> emulation on a Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz machine strikes me as odd.

Running vmware player in higher resolutions is possible, but only with
VMWare Tools, which you have to extract from a VMware Player install,
or download elsewhere.  I'm not advocating this, since I'm not clear
of the legality of doing so, but it does work.  (just chiming in so
it's on the record -- it might improve performance too, but I doubt
it.)

--Rogan