[PLUG] Copowi ... Community Powered Internet + Ubuntu

Michael M. mcubed at slashmail.org
Tue Aug 21 21:54:55 UTC 2007

Via a [1] Slashdot post, I read this [2] Ars Technica article about [3]
Copowi (Community Powered Internet), a new-ish ISP available in Oregon
and 11 other western states that is committed to the idea of net
neutrality, at least in principle.  How committed it can or will be in
practice is the subject of some discussion.

Anyway, I checked out the website and found that Copowi is [4] offering
a free Ubuntu CD to all subscribers.  First time I've seen an ISP do
that.  I find that very encouraging.  I presume that means any tech
support help won't automatically begin "click on the Start menu...".

[1] http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/21/0252258
[2]
http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/Meet-Copowi-the-worlds-first-ISP-to-guarantee-network-neutrality.ars
[3] http://www.copowi.com/
[4] http://www.copowi.com/?q=ubuntu

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions