[PLUG] saying goodbye to Microsoft is a click away, apparently ...

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Sun Aug 26 00:29:00 UTC 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Bill Barry wrote:
> On 8/25/07, Ronald Chmara <ron at opus1.com> wrote:
>> Failed miserably on my Dual 800Mhz PPC box. ;)
> I have seen this with applications I have written. It works fine for
> me, but the first non-me user will choose just the right key
> combination to make it crash miserably.  I bet goodbye-microsoft  is
> for x86 only since that would be about the only place where windows is
> installed.

Well, if the intent is "goodbye-microsoft", that's a "TOTALLY"
different beastie than "goodbye-microsoft-windows-on-X86", no?

Microsoft software is certainly running on X86 and PPC, and for some
sites, ARM, SPARC and Alpha, along with many more, over the years....
(FWIW, this email is being sent via a DEC Alpha cluster that's been
running since, oh, at least '98 or so... 9 years of uptime isn't so
bad, is it?)

I was just being a pedantic bastard about being able to say "goodbye-
microsoft", when the software that MS has created over the years runs
on so many systems, including windows on PPC and Alpha boxen.

FWIW, I was not able to test the link on an Altair system (which also
often runs a MS product).

-Bop