[PLUG] Cisco 678 again

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Fri Aug 31 05:34:48 UTC 2007

Quentin Hartman wrote:

> If you strike out w/ the 678 and a PCI card is a possible option, I've heard
> people have had good luck with Sangoma S518, and at $130 new, it's not much
> more (sometimes less) than what 678's are going for lately.

This is an _excellent_ suggestion, Quentin. One of my main
reasons for going with the Cisco 678 is that I want to be
able to monitor its status and automate fault recovery. It's
all but impossible to do this with the other "built for
Windows", brain-dead DSL modems. The Sangoma product appears
to give me the ultimate in status monitoring and a company
that has a real Linux commitment.

Ed