[PLUG] appBase

Paul Charles Leddy pcleddy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 17:26:57 UTC 2007

One other thing we have to look at: in getting rid of appBase, the
files are no longer shared between apps. So, does this effect the
performance in any way?

I say we set up 25 instances of the app in 5 instances of tomcat and
hit it w/ jmeter. then go to 50 or more.

We may want to do away w/ undeploy -- I can't think why we would need
it -- and just use a shared appBase, if performance degrades w/o it.
But I doubt it, as long as there is sufficient disk space to hold the
cached files.

And, btw, as soon as an app is shutdown, or tomcat itself, all the
appBase files in the work directory are removed by tomcat. So, they
don't linger.