[PLUG] Security Interview with Bruce Schneier

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Dec 5 19:57:27 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com> writes:

Mike> http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/bruce-schneier-blazes-through-your-questions/

Mike> A huge win for readers is how Bruce embedded links in almost
Mike> every answer he gives.  The interview becomes an overview of
Mike> current day security with contextualized links for further
Mike> reading.

Mike> Highly recommended.

Paul> Seconded!

I can't help but note that he endorses the Personal Telco view on
sharing your wireless connection:

   A: I run an open wireless network at home. There's no password, and
      there's no encryption. Honestly, I think it's just polite. Why
      should I care if someone on the block steals wireless access
      from me? When my wireless router broke last month, I used a
      neighbor's access until I replaced it.

Honestly, I think it's just polite.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary