[PLUG] Syllable...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon Dec 10 19:06:11 UTC 2007

I decided for the heck of it to look for alternative operating systems to
Linux and Windows.  One I'd really like to see stabilized is ReactOS because
it has the potential to run software written for Windows better than wine
can.  Another one I'm looking at is Syllable.  I guess Syllable is a fork off
of Atheos, though I admit I'm at a bit of a loss as to what it offers
that other
OS'es don't already provide.  It boots fast, I'll give it that.  I found
it difficult to determine that the initial root password is root.  This
Andrew file system, what's the big deal about it?  IF Syllable has a unique
API, it's main site doesn't seem to talk about it much.  I guess the
system is still in development.  Anyone else play around with Syllable, the
desktop operating system?