[PLUG] GnuCash

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Wed Dec 12 14:45:14 UTC 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I strongly recommend SQL-Ledger <http://www.sql-ledger.com/>. While it has
> more bells and whistles than many of us need, it includes everything that we
> do need. It can appear overwhelming at first because it's designed for
> manufacturing->distribution->retailing (including POS), but it's used by a
> very broad range of product- and service-providing businesses employing 1 to
> many people.

Though I wouldn't give as strong a recommendation, I use SQL-Ledger for
my company (16 person software dev/IT services).

Web based is nice as I can give our accountants/tax-people remote access
 and is OS agnostic for the end user.

We are soon going to be using the check printing feature.

A group of people were not happy with the way the project was being run
and forked it into LedgerSMB (http://www.ledgersmb.org/).  I have no
experience with this and looking at the website shows the latest release
dated 5 days ago.

We were originally drawn to it (3 years ago) due to it being one of the
few FOSS accounting packages out there, and it's backend was originally
based on PostgreSQL (which were big fans of).

--
I'm just a packet pusher.