[PLUG] Ultumix v0.0.1.0 2008 Final Pre Release

Pomeroy Lab admin at mindblowingidea.com
Thu Dec 13 01:57:08 UTC 2007

Make sure you are downloading 0.0.1.1 not 0.0.1.0.

Well first of all I would like to thank everyone for their support with Ultumix. Your ideas, complaints, and comments really help. The whole idea is to make the distro what you and Windows Users want it to be.

I ran into a bit of a snag with version 0.0.1.1 where it would not install on newer laptops and PCs. So I installed version 0.0.0.4 on VMware and first removed wine-doors and updated the kernel to 2.6.22.10.tex1 i686 32 bit linux kernel (4GB). Now I'm upgrading the entire system and adding packages. It will take over 2 hours. Once I get that done I will have to add the start menu, boot splash, and maybe someone can help me with the GRUB and Log In Screen.

Check the forums for the rest of the info at our home page www.mindblowingidea.com/Ultumix.

Some people have been complaining that I haven't listed the packages, kernel, and xorg so I have started doing this and I am asking for help because I don't have the time now.

John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote: On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:46:45 -0800
"Larry Brigman"  dijo:

> On Dec 12, 2007 9:21 AM, Aaron  wrote:
> > I want to test this, but the ISO download is awful slow, and I can't use
> > Torrent because of the network configuration.  Any place else I can download
> > the iso?
> >
> Had the same problem with the last posted ISO.  No seeder for the ISO
> and the FTP was
> so slow that I didn't bother.

I started the torrent about 10 minutes ago and the download speed is
now hovering between 30 and 90 KB/s. Ktorrent says 15 hours remaining.
I'll just leave it running until it finishes. Then I'll burn a couple
of DVDs to take to the next Clinic. I'd e-mail it but my e-mail (even
from home) goes through PSU. A 1.9 GB file would probably make the PSU
servers stroke out.