[PLUG] Ultumix v0.0.1.0 2008 Final Pre Release

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Dec 13 16:58:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:40:23 -0800
"drew wymore" <drew.wymore at gmail.com> dijo:

> > Aha! I did not think of that. Indeed, I do have Comcast. And as far as
> > I know, they are still playing dirty pool with torrents. After 7.5
> > hours my average is 22.5 KB/s.

> Don't go with Qwest (As the ISP). I was visiting my parents over the weekend
> and until I shutdown my torrents they kept disconnecting me. Maybe go with
> one of the local places like Hevanet. Call and see if they do any bandwidth
> throttling or traffic shaping.

I keep wondering if it is just the settings I have in Ktorrent that are
the source of the problem, rather than Comcast. For example, all my
other internet activity is not slower. If they were throttling someone
using torrents, would that not affect all my traffic?

I also just noticed in Ktorrent that there is a dropdown for "engine,"
which lists bitoogle.com, bittorrent.com, bytenova.org,
isotottents.com, Ktorrents, and mininova.org. It is set to the
bitoogle.com by default, as I never even knew this dropdown list was
there. It might have been added during a recent upgrade. I wonder what
those things do.