[PLUG] It worked yesterday...

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Dec 13 18:27:16 UTC 2007

Wil Cooley wrote:

>> It seems that something has gone wrong with the x10 program, or
>> something related to it. Any ideas on where to start looking?
>
> Is it all the lights or just the new ones? Did you perhaps bump off
> either end of the wireless controller? I'm guessing you have the
> wireless outlet controller and the wireless serial port transmitter?

The lights and their associated wall plug-ins are OK, and work from the
BSR X10 control boxes (I have two of those). The problem is on my Linux box.

> What does the 'x10 checksum error' below mean?

Actually, that's my question. How do I figure out what that means?

> Where is your x10 program from?

Good question. I downloaded it some years ago, but I don't recall from
where. Here's the first line of the README file:

This version of Larry Campbell's x10 program has been modified to
support module aliases, and sunrise and sunset calculations.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens