[PLUG] ANNOUNCEMENT: PLUG Advanced Topics December 17th 2007

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Dec 17 01:44:49 UTC 2007

[Notice: We will be having a shorter meeting this time. Jax is closing
early for their employee Christmas party.  We will start at 7pm because
of this.]

PLUG Advanced Topics
December 17th, 2007 7pm-8pm
Jax Bar and Grill 826 SW 2nd Avenue Portland, Oregon

Speaker: John Ronciak <john.ronciak at intel.com>
Topic: Intel and Linux kernel driver development

The LAN Access Division at Intel is responsible for 6 in-kernel upstream
drivers, e100, e1000, ixgb, e1000e, igb, ixgbe and ioatdma.  These
driver require maintenance to keep up with the ever evolving Linux
kernel so we need to keep pushing changes upstream as well.  This work
involves having to blend the Open Source Linux community way of working
with corporate and business mechanisms.  This presentation and
discussion is about how we make that happen as well as how we interact
with the Linux community.

Usual meeting rules apply.