[PLUG] UPS Batteries

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Dec 19 17:21:34 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Frank" == Frank Hunt <linux at frankhunt.com> writes:

Frank> One of my APC UPSs (SmartUPS 900)failed self-test this AM and
Frank> indicated that the batteries should be replaced (subsequent
Frank> test cleared the flag).  In case it dies I need a local source
Frank> for replacements.  Anyone got any ideas?

Frank> Second question is what is the expected life span of those
Frank> batteries?  This set is only two years old.

I recently got sealed lead-acid batteries from BatteriesPlus and
Battery Xchange or something.  Figure out what size you need and call
around.  Battery Xchange (SE 20th & Belmont) misquoted the price on
one of them and I got it at a substantial discount.  Thank you, crappy
database applications!

seniorr at aracnet.com