[PLUG] Speakers needed

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 18:23:28 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 10:04 AM,  <znmeb at cesmail.net> wrote:
> P.S.: I don't know if the machine has an external video connector or
> not ... it does have three USB ports, so it might be possible
> (assuming room for the software on the XO's flash drive) to run a VNC
> server on it. The screen size is 1200x900.

I played with one last night -- it has no external video, but you
could (in theory) hook up a usb->vga adapter and drive a projector
with that, or run the OLPC image in a virtual machine on a standard
computer.  I'm not sure if it would mesh in that configuration or not
-- it probably would.

These things are *very* cool.  The screens are amazing, and extremely
sharp in monochrome mode.  (If nothing else, it's a really cool
version of a kindel)  Touch-typing is almost impossible, though.

--Rogan