[PLUG] Are dual core processors really worth it?

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Dec 21 20:18:27 UTC 2007

If software has to be written a special way to take advantage of dual core
processors, do they offer any real benefit?  Aside from 32 to 64 bit
transition
problems, do the newest processors and boards really make sense?  Look at
Dell's Linux laptop, last I checked it runs Ubuntu in 32 bit mode on a
dual core 64 bit machine.  Seems to me that dual core processors are a
compatibility nightmare unless you are running the latest 64 bit OS.

     Michael Robinson