[PLUG] Netgear WG511 v. 2

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Dec 23 08:08:25 UTC 2007

On 22 Dec 2007 21:59:32 -0800
Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> dijo:

> John> To add another related thought: In all my googling I was
> John> appalled at the lack of an up-to-date site listing all known
> John> wireless devices and details about using them with
> John> Linux. Everyone knows that wireless on Linux can be a pain. Lack
> John> of information is a big part of that pain, and there is no
> John> excuse for it.
>
> This is the currently maintained site for linux wireless drivers:
>
>   http://linuxwireless.org/

And, as I said before, hopelessly incomplete and out of date.

It doesn't even mention PCMCIA cards at all. And the sort is based on
driver, not chipset or card. Even though I finally got my Netgear WG511
working there is not one mention of it on that site. If that site
claims to be official, it needs a ton of work.