[PLUG] Adding USB card reader hangs machine, sometimes

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Dec 26 05:14:22 UTC 2007

I'm running the following distro:

  OS:  Linux 2.6.16.53-0.16-default i686
  System:  SUSE LINUX 10.1 (i586)
  KDE:  3.5.1 Level "a"

I have a USB card reader that I use to download photos from the card
from my camera. Most of the time it works. After the machine has been
running for a number of weeks (I leave the machine on 24/7), if I plug
effect. The mouse cursor no longer moves. The only thing I've found that
frees up the machine is to power it down and then back up. (I haven't
tried going to another machine and trying to log in over the home network.)

Any ideas why adding the USB card reader does this to the computer?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens