[PLUG] Re: Laptop Recommendations

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Feb 1 21:56:42 UTC 2007

Concerning ThinkPads, the engineers at work have had good luck running
Linux on a T41 (CentOS), a T60 (Gentoo), and an X31 (Debian). I had an
older T-series machine back at OGI, but I can't remember the specific
model number.

That said, I've also had good luck with Linux on a variety of Dell
Latitudes: D600, D620, D800. Debian and Ubuntu are particularly sweet
on the Latitudes for some reason.

Installing Linux on *any* of these machines is usually much easier
than installing Windows XP, which requires a ton of manufacturer's
drivers to work properly.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com