[PLUG] Ubuntu And Comcast Digital Cable?

Dr. Terry L. Bonner doctorbonner at comcast.net
Thu Feb 8 19:39:07 UTC 2007

I recently upgraded to Comcast Digital with Voice.  The new modem, a
motorola SBV5220 seems to be a problem for interfacing with Ubuntu.  I
finally got my desktop to interface, but when I swap the ethernet cable,
recycle the modem and connect my laptop (an HP Pavilion ze4230 with
Dapper, which had previously had no difficulty interfacing with the
former modem) absolutely refuses to interface through DHCP.

Does anyone have any experience or insights?

Any help would be much appreciated.

As most of you probably know, Comcast is worthless when it comes to
Linux support.  Their answer is usually, "You'll have to contact Linux."

Thanks,
--Terry

--
Terry

    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
        Douglas Adams
        English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)