[PLUG] interface porn

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Feb 9 20:55:26 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Jeme" == Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> writes:

Wil> I wondered about standing up that long.

Jeme> First, there's no reason you'd have to stand.  [...]

Jeme> Second, standing is probably way better for you than sitting all
Jeme> day.  I know loads of people in the computer world who have
Jeme> switched to standing workstations and say they won't go back.
Jeme> Sitting is a prominent cause in lower back problems.  I use a
Jeme> balans chair at home, which helps a little, but I think a
Jeme> standing station would probably be best.

What?  Not a bicycling station???

Jeme> The graphic design and animation possibilities are amazing.
Jeme> Also, given proper software, some of the mathematical modeling
Jeme> applications could be really good.  I particular liked the demo
Jeme> where they appeared to be attempting to verify that certain
Jeme> graphs were planar (and on spheres, no less!).  The GIS stuff is
Jeme> obvious, I suppose. [...]

Two words: "greasy fingerprints"

--
Russell Senior, Secretary