[PLUG] Moto4Lin and Razr V3

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 23:19:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:47:28 -0800
"Richard C. Steffens" <rsteff at comcast.net> dijo:

> Is anyone using Moto4Lin (or any other software) to access a Motorola
> Razr V3 phone? If so, how well does it work -- access to all the files
> on the phone, contact list, ring tones, etc.?
>
> Motorola sells Winders software for the job, and also a cable. The USB
> cable I have for my Canon Digital Rebel camera has the right connectors,
> so all I need is the software, and of course, I'd rather have Linux
> software instead of Winders.

I went through this some months back when I first got my Razr V3 phone.
I don't remember exactly what the problem was, but I couldn't get
Moto4Lin to work. When I plug the phone into a USB port Linux sees that
the phone is connected. But it doesn't automatically see it as a drive,
so I can't get anything on or off of it. If I want a pic from the phone
I have to use the phone to e-mail it to myself. Bluetooth might be
another possibility, but I don't have any computers with bluetooth.

However, I did discover that attaching it to a USB port acts to charge
the phone's battery. So the cable has at least some utility for me.

One of these days I'm going to put Vmware Player on this computer, and
then Windows 2000. Perhaps then I'll be able to use the Motorola
Windows software.