[PLUG] Moto4Lin and Razr V3

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 23:58:59 UTC 2007

Russell Senior wrote:

> Richard> I don't have bluetooth on any of my computers, either. One of
> Richard> these days I'll look into a USB bluetooth adapter and give
> Richard> that a try.
>
> Not too expensive.  I've got a couple D-link DBT-120's and they work
> great.  They are class 2 devices (10 meter range), a bit over $30.
> I've also got some Linksys USBBT100's that are class 1 (100 meter
> range), slightly more expensive around $40.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

> I have yet to figure out bluetooth file transfers to/from Razr on
> Linux.  It did work on Windows, despite what the Cingular lady told me
> (she was trying to sell me a data plan), so it is possible.
My work machine is an XP laptop, and most of the phone activity is work
related. I'd really like to be able to use Linux for work, but there are
a lot of Winders specific things done in the land of real estate. The
local multiple listing service is working towards upgrading their web
software so it won't require IE, but that's still some months away. Sigh.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens