[PLUG] Moto4Lin and Razr V3

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Sun Feb 11 01:49:32 UTC 2007

On 2/10/07, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> Baased on what you said I decided to try again. It's been a long time
> -- maybe moto4lin works better now. So I installed moto4lin, then
> launched it. Looking at it on screen I realized that I had never seen
> it before. So then I went to the archives and re-read all that we went
> through back in April, 2006. Evidently back then I was unable even to
> install moto4lin. However, this time it was listed in Synaptic and
> installation went fine. I dimly recall that the problem back then was
> that it had to be compiled for amd64, and there was an error in
> compiling it.
>
> However, as you said, it could not connect to the phone. So then I
> tried p2ktest, only to discover that p2ktest is not installed and it is
> not listed in Synaptic. Google tells me that p2ktest is supposed to be
> part of moto4lin, but evidently it is not. Apt-get doesn't find it, so
> evidently it's not in the repositories -- and I have almost everything
> in my sources file. What is it, and where can I get it? Also, google
> turned up references to p2kmoto, which I also do not seem to have.

p2ktest is part of p2kmoto which you can find here.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=132142

I have a Motorola E815 and the corresponding USB cable but I have never used
it because the E815 has a Micro SD slot.  I just remove the Micro SD flash
card, connect it to my USB port and transfer pictures, videos, and music to
and from it as desired. Lately I have been putting Italian lessons on it and
occasionally listening to them.

These posts inspired me to install moto4lin and give it a try.  The only
thing I have been able to do so far is to connect to the phone. It is not
able to do any file transfers or any of the other phonebook management
things etc, you might imagine doing with such software.  The program seems
to be several years old and not maintained.

Does anybody know what protocol/language this phone understands and whether
there is any type of open specification for it anywhere?

Bill Barry