[PLUG] Daylight Savings Time

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Feb 12 17:04:39 UTC 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  An article in this morning's newspaper reminded me that the switch from
> standard to daylight savings time is 11 March this year rather than the
> first Sunday in April.
>
>  Do current kernel versions accommodate this change?

I don't believe this is a kernel function.  I believe that is handled by
the timezone files in /etc.

It is going to be a big pain for anyone who has to manage systems that
need an accurate time stamp.  Far more money will be spent dealing with
the problem than would be saved by the change.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                   - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark