[PLUG] where can I get a sane KDE?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Mon Feb 12 19:07:00 UTC 2007

Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> Wil Cooley wrote:
>
>> Quoting Eric Wilhelm:
>>

>>> So, am I alone in that I use kde, have 100+ windows open at a time ...
>>>
>> I've always thought there was something odd about you.  Now I know what
>> it is. ;)
>>

> That's the first of many things Wil.
>
> For those of you who have weighed in on this topic what about a meeting presentation?
>
>   !KDE*  !Gnome* - Alternate desktop how and why for your computing pleasure
>
>   * Or so heavily modified you won't recognize it.
>
> I sanguinely run a nearly stock KDE[1] but would be interested in why others do
> different.
>
> [1] Though I used to run IceWM on a T21 Laptop for better performance.

Yeah ... excellent idea for discussion. I've already posted twice on my
blog about it, but hey, I'd love to hear other folks' opinions. For
example,

* Is XFCE 4.4 too bloated? :)
* What *can't* you do in twm? :)
* How do you change fonts in IceWM and FluxBox?
* Is there any more bizarre scheme of window decorations than the
Enlightenment Ganymede theme? :)
* Do "3D" desktops boost productivity, or do they just make work less
boring? :)
* Is the Linux desktop the ultimate IDE?

http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/