[PLUG] Windows and Cryptography

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Feb 13 07:15:54 UTC 2007

Computer security:

Super encryption, and super paranoia, is a little hard to justify
unless you live in a bunker with 12 inch steel walls.  My computers
can be compromised with a few weeks of supercomputer time, or thirty
seconds with a glass cutter.  I could increase my security more by
putting bars on the windows than by checking my compiler sources
line by line.

The cool thing about open source is that many other people ARE
checking those compiler sources line by line, and most of them are
honest.  Can you imagine how famous the discoverer of a compiler
trojan would be?

Keith