[PLUG] Rsyncd And Performance

Jason Van Cleve jvancleve at chrome.com
Wed Feb 14 08:42:19 UTC 2007

Wil wrote:

> It would only make a difference if the server cached checksums and
> timestamps and was run in daemon mode (i.e., not out of {x,}inetd), but
> I don't think it does.

Well, it would make a difference if the server could produce the checksums
on its own end, for comparison with the client's.  Not only the two be done
in parallel, it would save reading the file over the network.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to this server.  I was just hoping to be
able to tell the IT guy doing this, "say, if you run the daemon, it'll be
faster".
Guess I'll let him figger it out.

--Jason