[PLUG] XP or Vista?

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Feb 16 19:01:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, eehouse.org wrote:

> I'm about to buy a new computer.  My first act will be to
> repartition and install Debian or Ubuntu.  But since I'm paying the
> M$ tax, I might as well think for a second about which of the
> currently available OSes I'd rather have for my ~$90.

If you're after a platform that's stable and in reasonably good
working condition now, go with XP. I suspect Microsoft will still be
supporting it several years from now. If you're looking for next
year's best gaming platform, I'd bet on Vista.

In fact, the only reasons I'd go with Vista now is for platform
testing and future gaming support.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com